There are currently no job postings.
The Center for Democracy in the Americas (CDA) offers seasonal internship positions (Fall, Spring, and Summer) for qualified undergraduate candidates. We accept applications on a rolling basis. Positions are open until filled.
The intern will be selected based on knowledge of Latin America policy and history, work experience, Spanish language and computer skills, and academic performance. Preference is given to those candidates who are available to work at least 25 hours per week. CDA will complete any evaluations or paperwork necessary for the intern to receive academic credit for their work.
The intern will participate in project-related, substantive work as well as administrative duties that build the nuts-and-bolts skills necessary to run a nonprofit organization.
- Help CDA draft and edit the Cuba Central Newsblast and other publications
- Assist with preparation for delegations, conferences, and other events
- Report on developments in legislation pertaining to Latin America
- Attend and report on meetings of various coalitions interested in lifting the Cuba travel ban, congressional hearings and meetings and other meetings pertaining to Latin America.
- Update and maintain CDA website and social media sites
- Other duties as needed
- Working knowledge of Spanish (highly preferable)
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Latin American history and society
- Interest in and respect for the current complex political, economic and social situation in Cuba
- Flexibility and willingness to perform clerical tasks with a positive attitude
- Working knowledge of Windows-based programs
CDA provides a stipend to interns to help cover transportation costs.
How to Apply
Candidates may begin the application process by submitting the following:
- Cover letter including information on any special skills you would bring to the internship as well as dates and times of availability
- Resume including references
- Short writing sample: 3-5 pages, content should be relevant
- Transcript(s): may be unofficial, and may come separate from or later than the rest of your materials
- [OPTIONAL] Recommendation letter(s): may come separate from or later than the rest of your materials
Please send your complete application to: Simone Duval by e-mail at email@example.com.
The Stephen M. Rivers Memorial Fellowship
In 2013, the Center for Democracy in the Americas created a Fellowship for each academic year to honor the memory of Stephen Rivers, a remarkable friend, a renowned publicist for Hollywood celebrities, a political activist, and someone who devoted much of his professional life to building cultural bridges between the U.S. and Cuba.
For more information, click here.
Become a volunteer
The Center for Democracy in the Americas is a small organization with a big place in its heart for volunteers.
We welcome your ideas.
If you can’t spend your time, share your ideas. Here at CDA, we’re trying to reform U.S. policy toward the nations of the Americas. We welcome the opportunity to learn more about the region from the people who are doing the work, doing the research, and doing the thinking that can help modernize our country’s approach to the people, the nations, and the movements of the region.
To the thinkers and the doers, we welcome volunteers at CDA.
To e-mail CDA, click here.